Monday, September 10, 2012

8 Weeks.. and the Drinking Illusion



Pregnancy Stats

Weeks Pregnant:
 8 weeks, 2 days
Weight Gain: Nothing yet (phew!)
Current Symptoms: STILL feeling extremely nauseous and achy each afternoon. 
Food Cravings: Water and savoury food. I can't believe I'm not into chocolate any more- crazy!
Feeling: Tired, sick (I have a cold that won't go away!) and impatient.. hanging out for our first OB appointment & scan.. 1 week, 3 days to go :)

So, not too much has changed since last week in the pregnancy department. I'm still getting 'afternoon sickness'.. almost threw up at work yesterday which was fun ;-)
Everything is still hush hush. The only people that know about Sweetpea are my parents and my bestie. We will be waiting until after the 12 week scan to announce our news!

Speaking of keeping this pregnancy on the down low, Hubs and I had a wedding to go to on the weekend. It was a fellow teacher friends wedding, and we have a whole bunch of mutual friends. May I add, these mutual friends are extremely cluey and always speculating who is pregnant (teachers, huh!?). Anyway, so I knew this was going to be EXTREMELY difficult to keep under wraps.
The plan, draw attention away from myself, and 'pretend' to drink. I knew if I made up an excuse such as 'I'm sick' (which I was!), 'I'm on antibiotics' or something equally as lame, would just be a tell tale sign of pregnancy. So as to not arouse any suspicion, I went with the sneaky 'drinking illusion' approach. I know they say you can have a glass of wine or so when you're pregnant, but I'm not really into that- especially when I'm in the first trimester and reading about all these little organs and things developing!
Soo, I made sure I had a glass of champagne in front of me at all times. Occasionally I would hold it up to my lips and pretend to have a sip. When our table was distracted, my dear husband would guzzle a big gulp of champagne, so it would look like my glass was slowly emptying! Ha! Despite my stealth moves, a few times I got comments that I wasn't drinking much, or why didn't I have a drink etc. I blamed this on the fact that I had a cold. Overall, I am pretty sure I fooled them all. 

I can't wait to share our exciting news in another month!

No comments:

Post a Comment