Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Time to Lose the Baby Weight!

Well, here we are, the first day of Spring!
I have been thinking about it for some time, and I decided that 3 months of eating whatever and soley focusing on being a new Mum was long enough. The first day of Spring would also be the first day of trying to get back into shape and to try and lose the baby weight.
So, to help me out I have decided to join Weight Watchers Online, which I just did this morning. The plan looks easy enough and I love that it is super flexible and you can still save up points for special occasions etc. It's just not realistic at this point to be ridiculously strict with a 3 month old! I think this plan will be the encouragement I need to focus on eating healthy, exercising more and still allowing myself the occasional treat. Right now I am 9 kilos (that's almost 20lbs!) over my goal weight. It is about 5.5kgs (11lbs) over my pre-pregnancy weight, but I was also a couple of kilos heavier than I would of liked when I got pregnant.
My goal weight is a nice round 60kgs (132lbs). I have never been this heavy in my life (babies will do that to you!), so it's time to step it up and focus on feeling fit and healthy again.. instead of feeling like a frumpy new Mum and perhaps even get out of those damn maternity pants (yes, really!).
So, cross your fingers for me please and join me on my weight loss journey with a baby... it's bound to be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment