Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Favourite- Newborn baby items


I want to share with you some of my favourite newborn baby items. Well, some of them may not specifically be for a newborn, but these are the baby items I am using now with a 2 month old.


Firstly: Bonds 'Newbie' Coverall
I love these little onsesies. They fit perfectly, are super cute and easy to put on and change nappies etc. Love them. Hudson is really tiny and these start in really small sizes and just fit really well.



Baby Jogger City Elite
I love, love, love our pram! It's great for taking Hudson on walks outside, for the malls etc. I like that the diaper bag clips on to the side so it doesn't tip the pram and the hood is super large and covers Hudson up nicely. There is a decent amount of storage space and it steers really easily. I also like that we can get another seat to attach to the pram when we're thinking about having #2!
Only negative is that it is a teeny bit wide.


The Woombie

I know, it does look a little like a baby straight jacket. But Hudson sleeps so well in his woombie. He's snug and cosy in it and of course it stops that damn startle reflex that seems to wake newborns. We have a white one in the smallest size (perfect!) and a  blue one in the next size up (too big!).


Oricom Video Monitor
I adore this video monitor! We started out with a crappy Fisher Price monitor and our mobile phones constantly interfered with it. So we busted out and bough the Oricom digital video monitor. It has infrared viewing so you can check on the little one at night and the screen only pops on when he makes a noise which is great. It has 2 way talking (so we can do a little "shhhhhh" when Hudson starts fussing- it often gets him to stop!) and lullabies (which we don't use to be honest). It saves running upstairs every 5 minutes when Hudson is sleeping and we're having dinner or a bit of relaxation time. It was worth every penny of the $220 we spent on it!
Munchkin Nappy Wallet
This handy little wallet is perfect to throw in my regular handbag, my nappy bag or to tuck into my pram. It has compartments for wipes and nappies and then folds out to a change mat. It even has a zippered pocket that I keep the nappy baggies in and some hand sanitiser. I love it. I use it ALL the time!


Lastly, The Boppy Nursing Pillow




I am so glad I bought this pillow. It fits around your waist when feeding your little one and makes it soooo much more comfortable. I sometimes just rest my arms on it while feeding Hudson, or if I hike it up a little Hudson rests on it. I hate feeding without it (see I have been spoiled!). I also have it in a really cute safari animal print. Adorable.
Well, these are a few of my favourite baby items, I'm sure I'll have a second edition for a baby of 3-6 months!

1 comment:

  1. Love this list! It's so helpful to see what other moms have loved as we begin this journey!

    ReplyDelete