Tuesday, November 2, 2010

10 Week Picture!

Well there is my 10 week bump. I am exactly 10 weeks today! This photo was taken in the morning before breakfast while I was getting ready for work (hence the work skirt). Don't worry, I am wearing a loose fitting top in that picture which I just pulled up for the photo. I really don't think anyone at work has any clue!

So, on Sunday I had my 30th Birthday lunch (my birthday is actually tomorrow though) with about 30 friends. Everything went really well and Hubby did an amazing job of organising everything (including an oreo icecream cake- which was amazing!). The bar staff even knew that I was pregnant so they would serve me mocktails and everyone would be none the wiser.
There was just one problem.
One of my friends boyfriends, I think, is obsessed with pregnancy. He made jokes many many months ago about Hubby and I booking our Europe trip because it was our 'last hurrah' before having kids and so on. He even mentioned something about a womans cycles and so on. It got very annoying, fast.

Well, cue my 30th Birthday. The first thing he did was to try and get Hubby to spill our news by saying "Oh, she already told Jamie- his girlfriend- the good news", to which Hubby replies "What are you talking about?". Phew.
Secondly he started saying really loudly "So, are you going to announce the big news now" in front of everyone. Mind you, this guy doesn't even know I'm pregnant and is just being a complete jerk.
I tell him to stop being so stupid. Then it gets worse. He yells out "I bet that's not even alcohol you're drinking" comes over to my mocktail and takes a big sniff. "There's no alcohol in that!" he yells.
Luckily my birthday cake with candles lit on top came over at that point and everyone starting singing and drowned out the rubbish coming from his mouth. Well, I was just furious. And to really make things even worse, because Hubby knows all the bar staff, they inform him that the Jerk was snooping around beforehand, asking the bar staff what I was drinking and what was in my cocktail (well, mocktail)! Luckily they were in on it and listed off all sorts of alcohol. I am so so angry, but can't say anything just yet. I cannot wait to tell Jamie what a moron this guy is. How dare he try and ruin my 30th Birthday!

Anyway, apart from that the day was really fun, definitely a few close calls though!

No comments:

Post a Comment