Wednesday, May 25, 2011

40 Week Appointment

Well I had my 40 week appointment today. I had my favourite OB, a young-ish female who knows her stuff. She measured my blood pressure- which was good, checked out bubs heart rate- also good, she said baby was 'happy' awww.
Next I had to have an internal to see how things were progressing. Lucky me! ;-) To her and my surprise I am 2cm dilated! My cervix is soft and she could actually touch the babies head- which spun me out.. I can't believe she touched bub's head! Baby gave a bit of a kick when she did as well. haha!!
She also gave me a 'stretch and sweep' which is meant to get things going a little. Since then I've had a tiny bit of bleeding (normal) and have felt crampy ever since. So now I am just laying on the couch, trying to relax and realising this baby will probably be here sooner than later! I also have an induction date booked for the 7th June, but to be honest, I think bub will be here before then! I have a feeling we'll be having a May baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment