Thursday, December 9, 2010

Test Results

Well, I had my amnio yesterday. We had a full scan of our little baby first. Everything looked normal, baby even gave us a thumbs up- very cute! Then it was time for the amnio. It really wasn't bad. There was a little sting when I was getting the anesthetic, then some pressure when the needle went in, but nothing unbearable.  I was told not to expect a call with our first lot of results before Friday afternoon, if not Monday!
Well I got a call at 11.15 this morning, it was my doctor. She told me the results were back early and everything they tested for (trisomy 18, 21, 13 and sex chromosomes) came back NORMAL! YIPPEEE!!!!
We won't get the full results (which test for those things, plus some others) for another 10 days- 2 weeks, but the FISH results are 97-98% accurate, and seeing as our main concern was trisomy 21, we' re feeling ok and very very relieved! After I got off the phone, I had a big cry- just all the stress and waiting and concern over the past 4 weeks and just feeling so relieved and happy.

2 comments: